Sunday, July 3, 2011

Julia Child's Onion Sandwich

From Once Upon a Plate - I made this last week - delicious!

Julia Child's Onion Sandwich

Directions

One English muffin per sandwich, split. I toast them
For each sandwich place one slice of onion on top to match the size of the muffin. I chop up the onion, as finely as my knife aptitude will let me.
Spread mayonnaise on top of the onion slice. I mix the chopped onions with mayonnaise, just enough mayo to make the onions kind of stick together.
If you're using chopped onions w/mayo spoon enough on each muffin half to cover it.
Top onions & mayo with parmesan cheese.
Place sandwiches about 6 inches under preheated broiler until parmesan cheese browns, maybe 5 minutes, but watch very closely, when the cheese starts to brown it goes very quickly!!
Enjoy!!!
I'm sure Julia Child would have advised the Ladies Who Lunch to remove their gloves before eating. I, on the other hand, dig right in!
Posted Monday, August 6, 2007

1 comment:

  1. I have been making this sandwich since finding it in Parade many moons ago. This explanation of the sandwich is a 100% plagiarized copy of what was on my personal web site for several years, clean down to the last words, "I, on the other hand, dig right in!"

    By all means share this wonderful sandwich, but shame on you for copying it verbatim from my site, formatting and all!

    Leslie Botkin
    lesliebotkin.com

    ReplyDelete