Saturday, April 16, 2011

Milk Chocolate Bar Cake

For my hubby's birthday we went out to eat, but as with all celebrations I wanted to make him something special and homemade for dessert. He is definitely a chocolate lover so I oped to make him a milk chocolate bar cake - Yum!!

(His birthday is right after Christmas - hence the Christmas tree in the background)


Milk Chocolate Bar Cake

1 (18.25 oz) package Swiss Chocolate cake mix
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powered sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
10 (1.5 oz) milk chocolate candy bar with almonds, divided
1 (12 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Pour into 3 greased and floured 8-inch round cake pans. Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool pans on wire rack fro 10 minutes. Beat cream cheese, powered sugar, and granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until it is creamy. Chop 8 candy bars finely. Fold cream cheese mixture and chopped candy into whipped topping. Spread icing between layers and on top and sides of the cake. Chop remaining 2 candy bars over cake. Press remaining chopped candy along the edge of the cake. Yield: 1 (3 layer) cake.

Modifications: I made a few changes to the recipe. I only did a 2 layer cake simply because I did not have an extra cake pan. I poured 1/2 cup of Kahlua on the cakes after they came out of the oven to spice it up a bit. I probably could have added more but I was afraid it would get too soft and fall apart as I was icing it. I bought 5 (4.25 oz) candy bars instead of the size listed in the recipe.

Jeff giving his Happy Birthday Dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment