Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Blackberry Spring

On the menu at Dram, our favorite bourbon bar in Mountain Brook Village, is a fabulous bourbon drink called a Blackberry Winter... But I have to say it reminds me of Easter and springtime!  Saturday rolled around and I had already purchased the ingredients to make my own... Here it is!

2 oz Bourbon of your choice (I chose Makers... comes with Knob Creek at Dram)
2 oz orange-juiced based juice (I chose a mix of OJ/pineapple/apple, but Dram uses Sour Mix)
a hefty squeeze of lime juice
1 Tbs of coarsely pureed blackberries 



Puree 1 container blackberries (save about 4 berries for garnish), coarsely, with chunks.  This keeps if you choose to make the drink several nights in a row.

Pour all above ingredients in a shaker.  Fill shaker 2/3 of way with ice.  Shake.  Delicious served in a double-old-fashioned... but I bet even better served up and neat!

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. can't wait to make this this summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my!! My dear friend Lisa Jones, Thibodaux,LA makes a blueberrie infused "Old Fashion"..... It is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete